- Telephone Numbers
0131 446 6000
Details of any cancellations will be posted on the front page of the website by 12 noon on the day of the fixture. In the event of a cancellation please phone the PE dept on 0131 446 6000 or check the sport twitter page @GWC_sport
- Changes to Fixtures
Please note that fixtures are subject to change at short notice ie change of opposition or venue. Changes will appear here and on school twitter feed @GWC_sport
- Pupil Code of Conduct
Valuables should only be taken to training sessions if necessary and should be handed in to a member of staff.
Week of Match
- If you are unable to play in any match please inform the staff in charge at the earliest opportunity.
- All players should check the team list as early as possible and familiarise themselves with all arrangements.
- You should turn up on time to any team meetings.
- Check PE Dept for details (0131 446 6000 - available from 9am).
- For away fixtures check departure times/venues and other arrangements. Be on time.
- When travelling outside Edinburgh, School uniform must be worn.
- Players should have correct kit.
- Valuables should only be taken to matches if necessary and should be handed in to a member of staff.
- Players should encourage all team members to compete to the best of their ability.
- Sporting behaviour at all times is essential. Opponents, officials and spectators should always be respected.
- Shake hands with the officials and opposition.
Win or lose, be hospitable to the opposition and all spectators.
- Parents and Other Spectators Code of Practice
School sport is only a part, but an important part, of a pupil's full and balanced education. A balanced approach to sport in the context of the whole extra-curricular provision of George Watson's College is strongly encouraged.
The following code of practice applies to Watson's parents spectating at matches at George Watson's College grounds and the grounds of other schools. Equally, George Watson's College would expect visiting spectators to abide by the same code.
Children appreciate the presence and support of their parents; accordingly, always set an example of good sportsmanship and give enthusiastic, but not excessive or inappropriate, support. Criticism or undermining of the officials from poolside is always unacceptable.
Parents should not enter the pool area without the express permission of the officials/member of staff in charge.
Parents and spectators should not enter the changing room areas.
George Watson's College parents are invited to assume some responsibility for making visiting players and parents feel welcome.
- Practice Times
Senior School swim club takes place on a Tuesday lunchtime 12.50pm-1.30pm. Swim club is open to all pupils in S1-S6 and can be for swim training, with a coach, or indeed recreational swimming and additional fitness work. It is also a good way for swimmers with low water confidence to make improvements in their swimming.
Junior School swim team training takes place once a week starting after trials in early August. Times and dates to be confirmed in early August. Training is on Wednesday lunchtimes 12.30-1.30pm.
Both teams will have fixtures throughout the year. Details of fixtures will appear on the webpage and twitter feed. There is also Edinburgh and Midlothian schools in late November and Scottish Schools in late January every year.