Boys' Cricket is open to pupils in P5 - S6.
Junior School Cricket is open to boys and girls.
Winter training takes place for team players from January onwards. Practices will take place in the summer term for all pupils at Myreside or Craiglockhart.
All teams play in friendly matches throughout the season on Saturday mornings and occasionally in midweek afternoons. In addition to this, the 1st X1 and Under 15s compete in the East District 20:20 tournaments with the winner advancing to the Scottish finals.
- Telephone Numbers
Cricket Line 0131 446 6055
Details of any cancellations will be posted on the front page of the website by 7am on the day of the match. In the event of inclement weather please phone the Cricket Line on 0131 446 6055.
- Changes to Fixtures
Please note that fixtures are subject to change at short notice ie change of opposition or venue.
- Pupil Code of Conduct
Valuables should only be taken to training sessions if necessary and should be handed in to a member of staff.
Week of Match
- If you are unable to play in any match or practice session please inform the staff in charge at the earliest opportunity.
- All players should check the team list as early as possible and familiarise themselves with all arrangements.
- You should turn up on time to any team meetings.
- Check cricket line for details (0131 446 6055 - available from 7am).
- For away matches check departure times/venues and other arrangements. Be on time.
- When travelling outside Edinburgh, School uniform must be worn.
- Matches played at home or in Edinburgh, School cricket kit (school track suit or cagoule) must be worn. No casual dress to be worn at any time.
- Players should have correct kit.
- Valuables should only be taken to matches if necessary and should be handed in to a member of staff.
- Players should encourage all team members to play to the best of their ability.
- Sporting behaviour at all times is essential. Opponents, umpires and spectators should always be respected.
- Shake hands with the umpire and opposition.
Win or lose, be hospitable to the opposition and all spectators.
- Parents and Other Spectators Code of Practice
School sport is only a part, but an important part, of a pupil's full and balanced education. A balanced approach to sport in the context of the whole extra-curricular provision of George Watson's College is strongly encouraged.
The following code of practice applies to Watson's parents spectating at matches at George Watson's College grounds and the grounds of other schools. Equally, George Watson's College would expect visiting spectators to abide by the same code.
- Children appreciate the presence and support of their parents; accordingly, always set an example of good sportsmanship and give enthusiastic, but not excessive or inappropriate, support. Criticism or undermining of the umpire/referee from the touchline is always unacceptable.
- Parents should not enter the field of play without the express permission of the umpire/referee.
- Parents and spectators should not enter the changing room areas.
- George Watson's College parents are invited to assume some responsibility for making visiting players and parents feel welcome.
- Cricket Practice Times
Boys' cricket practices will take place at the following times:
Team Day Time Venue Primary 4 & Primary 5 Tuesday 3.30pm-4.30pm Front Pitch (Sports Hall 2 during inclement weather) Primary 6 Monday & Wednesday 3.30pm-4.30pm Craiglockhart Primary 7 Monday & Wednesday 3.30pm-4.30pm Craiglockhart S1 Tuesday & Thursday 3.30pm-5.00pm Myreside S2 & U14s Tuesday & Thursday 4.00pm-5.00pm Craiglockhart S3 Tuesday & Thursday 3.30pm-5.00pm Craiglockhart 1st XI & 2nd XI Monday & Wednesday 3.30pm-5.00pm Myreside
For Primary 5, 6 and 7 there are pracitces or matches most Saturday mornings. Advised weekly.
There are numerous mid-week and Saturday fixtures throughout the Summer Term. Detail can be found on this page.
Fixtures – C2
|27 Apr 2019||C2 vs. Edinburgh Academy||Home||TBC||Pending|
|4 May 2019||C2 vs. Stewart's Melville||Away||Stewart's Melville, Inverleith Playing Fields||TBC||Pending|
|7 May 2019||C2 vs. Glenalmond College||Home||TBC||Pending|
|11 May 2019||C2 vs. George Heriot's||Away||George Heriot's, Goldenacre||TBC||Pending|
|18 May 2019||C2 vs. Stewart's Melville||Home||TBC||Pending|
|1 Jun 2019||C2 vs. Edinburgh Academy||Home||TBC||Pending|
|3 Jun 2019||C2 vs. Trinity Academy||Away||Trinity Academy, Bangholm||TBC||Pending|
|8 Jun 2019||C2 vs. High School of Glasgow||Home||TBC||Pending|
|13 Jun 2019||C2 vs. Stewart's Melville||Home||TBC||Pending|
|15 Jun 2019||C2 vs. Glasgow Academy||Away||Glasgow Academy, Academicals (Rugby, Cricket)||TBC||Pending|
|17 Jun 2019||C2 vs. Strathallan||Away||Strathallan School, Forgandenny, Perth||TBC||Pending|
Results – C2
|23 Jun 2018||C2 vs. Merchiston Castle||Home|
|18 Jun 2018||C2 vs. Strathallan||Home||Draw|
|16 Jun 2018||C2 vs. Practice||Home||Cancelled|
|14 Jun 2018||C2 vs. Stewart's Melville||Home||Cancelled|
|12 Jun 2018||C2 vs. Fettes College||Away||Lose||by 48 runs|
|9 Jun 2018||C2 vs. High School of Glasgow||Away||Lose||By 2 wickets|
|5 Jun 2018||C2 vs. Trinity Academy||Away||Win||By 33 runs|
|2 Jun 2018||C2 vs. Practice||Home|
|19 May 2018||C2 vs. Stewart's Melville||Home|
|12 May 2018||C2 vs. George Heriot's||Home|
|5 May 2018||C2 vs. Stewart's Melville||Home||Lose||By 50 runs|
|28 Apr 2018||C2 vs. Edinburgh Academy||Away|
|21 Apr 2018||C2 vs. Practice||Home|