The Governing Council works with the School's management team to develop the high quality all-round education associated with George Watson's College.
The Governing Council is assisted by five main committees, with the following primary roles:
- The Education and Pupil Wellbeing Committee ensures that Learning and Teaching in the School meet the very highest standards, always prioritising Pupil Wellbeing.
- The Property Committee ensures that the financial resources of the School are prudently managed to support current operations and to enable the achievement of the School's strategic priorities.
- The Finance Committee oversees the maintenance and development of the property, buildings and facilities, including IT Services, and ensures these support the achievement of the School's strategic priorities.
- The External Relations and Development Committee oversees the external relations and development strategies of the School and advises the Governing Council accordingly.
- The Staff Committee oversees all matters relating to the employment of staff.
The Governors are actively involved in the life of the School, attending performances, shadowing staff and pupils, and taking part in some of the many extra-curricular and outdoor activities that take place throughout the school year.
When available, Governor vacancies are advertised on our Job Vacancies page.