On an incredibly sunny June afternoon the Senior School pupils were out in force on Charities Day raising money for their chosen charities and projects.
This year the charities/projects supported were:
- Off The Wall – a charity run by doctors who take terminally ill children to camp where they can experience a range of outdoor activities;
- Paws Here – a local charity that finds homes for unwanted small animal pets;
- The Teenage Cancer Ward at Edinburgh Sick Kids, to help fund resources for older teenagers who have cancer;
- Research into Charcot Marie Tooth disease – a condition that affects the peripheral nerves causing weakness and wasting in these muscles and numbness/sensory problems; and
- to provide Mutundwe Church of Uganda Primary School with clean water.
Around £5,000 was raised – a fantastic total, although the actual amount has still to be finalised.
Meanwhile Mrs Fry’s Recorder Group held a concert and sponsored practice and has raised £397.53 for CLIC Sargent, a charity which cares for children and young people with cancer.