This year’s Caritas Lecture will take place on Tuesday 29 October. We are delighted to announce that our guest speaker will be Sir Anthony Seldon, Vice-Chancellor of The University of Buckingham (and former Master of Wellington College).
Sir Anthony Seldon is one of Britain’s leading contemporary historians, educationalists, commentators and political authors. He was a transformative head for 20 years, first of Brighton College and then Wellington College. He has authored and edited over 40 books on contemporary history, including the inside books on the last four Prime Ministers.
His resume is impressive and he holds multiple high profile positions including:
- Director of the Institute for Contemporary British History
- Co-founder of Action forHappiness
- Honorary historical adviser to 10 Downing Street
- UK Special Representative for Saudi Education
- A member of the Government’s First World War Culture Committee
- A Director of the Royal Shakespeare Company
- President of IPEN, (International Positive Education Network)
- Chair of the National Archives Trust
- Patron on the board of several charities
- Founder of the Via Sacra Western Front Walk
Given the potential for dramatic political events to be unfolding that week, on the eve of Brexit, Sir Anthony’s lecture could be extraordinarily well timed.
Tickets are available, for free, through our Eventbrite page here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/caritas-lecture-with-sir-anthony-sheldon-tickets-71643960013
The lecture will take place Tuesday 29 October 2019, 7pm in the Senior School Dining Hall