Salary £35,955 - £38,255: Hours 36.25 per week, 52 weeks per year: 35 days’ annual leave
George Watson’s College provides a world class education for children and young people from Preschool to Senior 6. We are very proud of our heritage and passionate about our plans for the future.
This is a very exciting time to be joining Watson’s as we reshape our Admissions, Marketing and Communications functions. In this new role as Marketing and Communications Manager, you will work with the Head, members of the team, and colleagues to develop the School’s marketing, communications and design services.
We’d really like to hear from you if:
- You are an exceptional and creative all-rounder with a proven track record working across the full marketing and communications spectrum, including brand, digital, media communications, and in developing and delivering successful marketing campaigns
- You would be confident engaging and networking with senior leaders across the School to influence strategic decisions that support the marketing priorities of the School
- You are a people person, with leadership skills that will help support your team's professional and personal development, in line with our School’s Values.
As the School’s lead marketer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Designing, managing and delivering highly effective marketing campaigns that yield growth across all our revenue generating activities, including pupil recruitment
- Successfully delivering the new website project
- Leading the marketing and communications team - which consists of two specialists and external providers - your role will be to increase awareness and engagement across the brand and services internally and support growth in revenue externally.
This is a full time, year round post with the requirement for some evening and weekend work, as well as being on call as necessary. Flexibility is therefore required.
Other benefits include:
- Automatic enrolment in the contributory support staff defined contribution pension scheme
- Reduced school fees at George Watson’s College for children of staff
- Membership of the Galleon Club (the School’s Fitness Club)
To apply please send your CV with a letter of application of not more than two sides of A4 giving us information about you and why you are suitable for the role addressed to Mrs Jenny McGill, Head of Admissions and Marketing. The letter, CV, completed application form and diversity monitoring form must reach Mrs Jane Robinson, Head of Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than noon on Wednesday 1 December 2021.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 8 December 2021.
If you have any questions about the role, or wish to discuss it further, then please do not hesitate to contact us by email email@example.com