We are delighted to launch our brand new pupil recruitment campaign for session 2021/22.
What you need to know:
- We will hold a George Watson’s College Digital Open Morning on Saturday 3 October
- Registration for the day is now open
- Families will be welcomed to an introductory event, with our principal Melvyn Roffe and our School Captains
- There will then be a range of different sessions to choose from for smaller groups, taking place at regular intervals during the morning
- Personal tours will be scheduled, for around the time of our Digital Open Morning, subject to Scottish Government advice (details will follow)
- Applications for 2021/22 close on Friday 13 November
- Entrance assessments (with the exception of Preschool) will take place in November 2020 for applicants to Primary 2 - 7 and early 2021 for Primary 1 and Senior School applicants
- Families will learn if we can offer a place no later than 4 February 2021
The new campaign is ‘fronted’ by our retiring School Captain, Phoebe Fogarty (Class of 2020) who appears as the lead in our beautiful new animation.
Phoebe who has also voiced the film explained that it was love at first sight when she saw it.
“I was completely blown away when I watched the animation,” Phoebe says.
“Though only a minute or so, I find it a genuine reflection of life at Watson’s. To be honest, it’s us in a nutshell. I love it!
“Although my time in maroon is now over, I have no doubt I will continue to reap the benefits of, and be grateful for, having a school experience that challenged and encouraged me. Watson’s believed in me from the outset. If your family is thinking about Watson’s, all I have to say is go for it!”
Our Admissions Registrar Jenny McGill leads pupil recruitment and is often the first person families meet when they consider Watson’s
“We are delighted to launch our admissions and recruitment campaign for session 2021/22. We’re all but full for this forthcoming session, and again we expect there to be significant interest in Watson’s.
“Pupils benefit from a world class education, all on a single campus, with a culture that encourages us all to aim high, respect all, be kind and join in.
“Our new campaign film is a brilliant way of highlighting what life is really like at George Watson’s College. That said there’s no substitute for experiencing things for yourself. We’re pleased to be offering a hugely ambitious Digital Open Morning, and we’re planning to offer individual tours a little closer to the time, in line with advice from the Scottish Government.”
Pre-registration is required for our Digital Open Morning - even if your family intends to only attend the main welcome.
There are limited places for each of the subsequent events planned in order that families can engage directly with teachers and pupils. Access is on a first-come, first-served basis.
When registration is completed a confirmation email is generated and includes unique links for your family to use on the day. This will include a link to amend your booking, subject to availability. Registration will close on Friday 2 October at 23.59pm.
Find out more, and book your place visit gwc.org.uk/joinus.