Cricket Line 0131 446 6055
Mobile 07850 688 189
Details of any cancellations will be posted on the front page of the website by 7am on the day of the match. In the event of inclement weather please phone the Cricket Line on 0131 446 6055.
Please note that fixtures are subject to change at short notice ie change of opposition or venue.
Valuables should only be taken to training sessions if necessary and should be handed in to a member of staff.
Week of Match
- If you are unable to play in any match or practice session please inform the staff in charge at the earliest opportunity.
- All players should check the team list as early as possible and familiarise themselves with all arrangements.
- You should turn up on time to any team meetings.
- Check cricket line for details (0131 446 6055 - available from 7am).
- For away matches check departure times/venues and other arrangements. Be on time.
- When travelling outside Edinburgh, School uniform must be worn.
- Matches played at home or in Edinburgh, School cricket kit (school track suit or cagoule) must be worn. No casual dress to be worn at any time.
- Players should have correct kit.
- Valuables should only be taken to matches if necessary and should be handed in to a member of staff.
- Players should encourage all team members to play to the best of their ability.
- Sporting behaviour at all times is essential. Opponents, umpires and spectators should always be respected.
- Shake hands with the umpire and opposition.
Win or lose, be hospitable to the opposition and all spectators.
School sport is only a part, but an important part, of a pupil's full and balanced education. A balanced approach to sport in the context of the whole extra-curricular provision of George Watson's College is strongly encouraged.
The following code of practice applies to Watson's parents spectating at matches at George Watson's College grounds and the grounds of other schools. Equally, George Watson's College would expect visiting spectators to abide by the same code.
- Children appreciate the presence and support of their parents; accordingly, always set an example of good sportsmanship and give enthusiastic, but not excessive or inappropriate, support. Criticism or undermining of the umpire/referee from the touchline is always unacceptable.
- Parents should not enter the field of play without the express permission of the umpire/referee.
- Parents and spectators should not enter the changing room areas.
- George Watson's College parents are invited to assume some responsibility for making visiting players and parents feel welcome.
Boys' cricket practices will take place at the following times:
||Tuesday & Thursday
||Monday & Wednesday
||Tuesday & Thursday
||Monday & Thursday
There are numerous mid-week and Saturday fixtures throughout the Summer Term. Detail can be found on this page.